I missed the Saturday stumble upon post, I missed my pace of writing 2 article per week for this blog . I did not done anything actively for smart residual income .
I hate such laziness! It does not take me anywhere. So I turned back and recapped my last week and saw a lot things happened over a week period. I also suffered from popular syndrome called as ‘Bloggers Blue’ and was feeling little down but I remember an quote that say’s “When You Feel Like Quitting Think About Why You Started”
Where I was since last week?
Actually I published my Monthly Income Report on last Tuesday and I was super excited to write more valuable on this blog but suddenly something went wrong and I felt down as if world is going to finish.
Does world really going to finish?
Absolutely NOT ….. I mean I lost ranking for one more EMD site L so lost of one more revenue stream. That website was an EMD and I never build any backlinks for that website but since last 2 to 3 weeks I started building web 2.0 backlinks and I got penalised. That’s the story. I do have one more EMD website which is still bring good traffic without backlinks.
Yes reading is my hobby. I spend most of my valuable time reading other blogs that increase my knowledge. I read anything that interests me. One thing my parents taught me since my childhood is that ‘Read something helpful every day, Reading is more important than anything else’ and over the period learned that READING AND IMPLEMENTING the things that we read brings the huge success.
I do read the blogs of top bloggers but I don’t ignore those who spend their valuable time to read my blog. I go to those who comment my blog and read their posts and if I stumble upon something interesting I do leave comment. This is another simple step to gain RELATIONSHIP with other bloggers.
Keyword Research –
When I don’t post anything or don’t feel like writing anything I just open Google Keyword Tool and throws some random words to see the more lucrative keyword. Many times I spend hours researching the single keyword. Here is how I do…..
- I generate multiple niche in my mind (Brain is great keyword tool), look around (in home, garden, street, shops, colleges, public places, and much more) for ideas.
- Type all the niche ideas in keyword tool and see how many exact match searches available for given NICHE.
- Go through the entire list that keyword tool generates and make the list of certain keywords that have desired search volume. ( Desired search volume is something that you need to decide for your niche, there is no boundary ‘how much’ is best to rank for)
- Now click that keyword and open the ‘Google Search’ for same. Look at the search results, go through page rank, backlinks of each website that rank in top ten, see how many of them have keyword in URL, Post title, Post URL, and approximately how long articles are ( See how much words every site have in their post ) Does they have video in post?
- There should minimum one keyword that has good search volume and minimum competition to rank for. ( means if you search that keyword in Google, search results will show low page rank website with minimum backlinks)
- I also see if NICHE is within my interest, there is no point getting into something that we can’t able to create good content.
- See if required domain name is available. (I used to buy exact match domain but Google came out with EMD updates; but still EMD rocks! Just make sure to write lots of content)
Most of the time I try to find out an UNTAPPED NICHE just by using free Google keyword tool and Google search results.
Bloggers Blue –
I don’t know what it exactly but as far as my knowledge it referred to ‘Blogger’s block’ Mean’s no ideas to write posts. This is something fearful situation but I am learning to overcome this syndrome. Best way to combat the bloggers blue is to read a lot, participate in discussion within your niche (find relevant forums, Q & A sites, facebook groups) and try to answer the questions that are being asked. If you find a single question that you can answer well then go back and write a post about it. I have done it in past when I used to write on Hubpages. It is another great way to connect with the person who is asking that question. If you are interested to see what I did here is snap shot of Q & A on Hubpage.
That’s how I came up with this blog post, hope it provides some value. Is there anything else that I am missing out?, What do you do when you feel down or lazy? Let me know, because life is nothing but learning from each others. Your comments will be much appreciated.