Welcome to my first monthly income report! Inspired from Pat Flynn of SPI, I decided to document all my progress and failures on smart residual income blog. Publishing monthly income reports is one of the things from my tool kits to keeping things arranged.
How Publishing Monthly Income reports will Help Me?
First of all when we start publishing our monthly income report we start to analyse our success & failure in a subtle way. I am earning money online since a year now but never ever documented my earnings, I could have done it a year ago! It keeps me on track, motivate me to work smart way as well as help me to analyze the things that are working in my online business.
Another good thing is that, I will automatically get 12 blog posts for a year with detail breakdown of my income and timely analysis of my failures and success! Thanks Pat ! you inspired me to do this, God bless you!!
January- Where I was Up to?
After marriage it taking time for me to settle down my things, new home and much more. Though I started working on my online business since last week of January.
- As decided, building successful Amazon affiliate site is one of my goal this year and I am already in action , I brought an new domain and started my work, just to understand how things work when it comes to Amazon. I am not expecting any earning from it. ( It will be just a case study for me)
- Working on two more niche sites, planed to monetise it with Adsense.
- Got an awesome ebook to read, ‘Blog Profit Blueprint’ from Yaro! I read it a couple year back, but this is a beginning of SRI and I wanted some revision as well as something which will help me out to plan my smart residual income blog. I recommend reading Blog Profit blueprint to every wanna be blogger and online entrepreneurs. Yaro did a great job.
Lets Get To Statics-
Google Adsense- $571
Previous month- $3,889
Affiliate Marketing- $0
Previous month- $65
There is huge drop down in my January income!!! This is because of one of my site lost a good ranking in Google SERP, resulted in reduced traffic and less money ;-( One more thing is I didn’t work hard (or Smart?) in month of December which may be a reason of such drop.
Second thing is I don’t own any website that promotes products to earn money from affiliate marketing.
What I learnt?
January is big lesson to me and I am glad that this earning drop down is thought me many things. (But not so glad with money).
- Never ever let your money making website alone, I made this huge mistake! Keep working on it, search engines are changing their major algorithms like never before. Panda, Penguin and EMD update impacted earning of many top bloggers. One thing I observed is last EMD update changed SEO games and pushing all internet marketers to write quality content as well as building authority sites.
- Don’t keep all your eggs in one basket, especially when it comes to MONEY. I did mistake to solely depend upon Adsense. Diversify your portfolio.
Already a week is gone from February and I can see my Adsense statics are gaining momentum. This is good thing to see.
What I Planned Ahead?
Don’t forget success comes by planning’s!! My plannings for February -
- Planned to create content as much as for my Amazon affiliate website. Building few backlinks will be good. Will be posting my progress about it on SRI.
- I will be working on my all small Adsense niche sites to make them stronger so future Google algo change won’t affect them much.
- Increasing my twitter followers- Yes, I was never actively used twitter platform but for smart residual income I started actively promoting myself on twitter. It’s a best place to find like minded people. (within couple of days I am almost close to get 50 followers)
- It seems that Google rolled out Page rank update and my SRI Blog got PR1, need some more content to improve it.