Apart from just being hidden blogger in the huge world of web I decided to give me a chance to build something valuable and to keep track of my online activities related to business. That’s how smart residual income blog was born in Dec 2012 and I started documenting my monthly Income. Keeping track of monthly income helps me to decide my goals and choose the things that work better for me. I am not a super blogger who makes $ 100K but I make descent earning that help me to live my life comfortably. If you are new to my blog, I recommend you to read my story.
Please note that whatever money I make online is a result of my hard work and it took me two years to get there. Don’t fall for any promises on the web that guarantee to make you rich overnight. Succeeding online is long process and takes time as well as consistence work.
I am still in the process to diversify my portfolio online and planning to diversify my business so I can have multiple streams of residual income. Currently I am only using Adsense to make money.
Lets Get To Stats First –
It’s amazing to see that smart residual income is about to complete its 1000 page views. It is not a big achievement but it is something that can take this blog ahead. Most interesting thing is Average visit duration of people who are visiting my site is 3.58 Min. It means people are finding something that interests them to spend few minutes. Till the time blog has completed 800 page views.
I am not putting much effort to bring more traffic to SRI but I do comment on other blogs to get some targeted traffic and backlinks.
Important Going On-
- I have written a post about Residual Income and started working on building backlinks so I can hit the first page of Google for keyword ‘Residual Income’. Let’s see how much can I go up in SERP, currently I am on 12th page (Position might change as post experiencing Google dance).
- It was fearful to see my one niche website to go haywire after updating wordpress. I could not able to figure out what went wrong but site not allowed me to login to wordpress dashboard. So I deleted blog and think what…..I forgot to take backup! It really pissed me off! Only thing that I was having is all post that I have saved on my computer with their exact URL’s. So I installed fresh wordpress and re-posted all the content with exact URL as before. It took me few days to complete the process. End result was good because ranking is improved after that event, but it was big lesson for me to keep back up.
- I failed to build content to my Amazon website. I ignored it completely and result was expected! It did not make anything. Instead of writing content I tried to fetch data from Amazon which was not good move. Why anyone should buy from my site which fetches data from Amazon when they have original Amazon store? Another thing is that such site does not rank well in SERP. Okay I am comfortable to tell you my site was about Belkin USB Hub.
February Earning Report –
Google Adsense Earnings- $1150
Previous Month- $571
Difference- + $579
Affiliate Marketing- $0
What I learn –
- Take ‘Back up’ of all your website and database. It’s crucial. Because it can happen with any one, if happen with me. Another thing is that recently I saw that Pat Flynn’s website goes down but he successfully restored it and it was only possible because of ‘Backup’ data. Another example comes from Mike from Maine, he lost all his websites because somebody hacked into his account.
- Getting rejected- I got rejected from ‘Media.net’ another alternative for Adsense. My niche websites are highly targeted on one of the Google service which is easy to rank in SERP and do well with Adsense but I got rejected for the same website from media.net. Media.net is joint venture of Yahoo and Bing.
Getting rejection is not a failure. It is just a process of success.
What I Plan ahead?
- Writing minimum 08 content rich post per month for smart residual income blog. So it will be almost 02 posts per week. Achievable target.
- Writing minimum one post per week for my niche websites.
- Learning GIMP tricks to make logo and tweak images.
Thanks, as always, for your support and comments. It keeps me motivated to do the experiment and write down the results here. I love doing this.
So have a profitable March. cheers